Dina obtained her bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University with Honors and graduated from Seton Hall School of Law in 1999. Dina was Law Clerk to the late Hon. George W. Parsons, Jr., J.S.C. (99-00) in the Bergen County Family Division. Prior to obtaining her law degree Dina served as a NJ Probation Officer in the Family Division of the Superior Court and then as NJ State Parole Officer.
Following her judicial clerkship, Dina served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General. The majority of her time at the Attorney General’s Office was dedicated to representing the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS, now DCPP) in the trial courts of various counties, appellate courts, New Jersey Supreme Court and the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law (OAL).
Dina has been directly involved with several cases, which resulted in published decisions. Dina has also co-authored published articles in The New Jersey Family Lawyer on the issues of DCPP, equitable distribution of pensions and Kinship Legal Guardianship.
Dina entered the private practice of law in 2005 focusing exclusively on family law, including DCPP matters, OAL appeals, domestic violence, adoption, alimony, grandparent custody / visitation, custody and complicated divorce and post judgment family law matters.
In addition to her strong litigation experience, Dina is a trained mediator, trained collaborative divorce practitioner and ESP Panelist. Dina has been court appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem on multiple occasions.
Dina is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. She is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, was Co-Chair of the Sussex County Bar Association’s Family Law Committee for three years and is a member of the Family Law Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, serving on several subcommittees and as the liaison from the Committee to Sussex County. Dina was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve two terms on the District Ethics Committee. Dina is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Dina is active in the community as well. She was elected to her local school board in 2016 for a three year term and organized a low cost family law mediation program through a local community based agency in Newton, NJ.
Rated by Super Lawyers
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial Law
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Seton Hall School of Law, J.D. – 1999
- Rutgers University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sussex County Bar’s Association’s Family Law Committee (former Co-Chair)
- Family Law Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, serving on several subcommittees and as the liaison from the Committee to Sussex County
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow)
Awards and Recognitions
- Equal Justice Medal by Legal Services of New Jersey for work on a contested adoption matter
- Project Self Sufficiency’s Mosaic Award
- “Super Lawyer” from 2014 through 2021, including the 2021 list of top 100 attorneys in NJ and top 50 lawyers in NJ for Family Law.
- Amicus Curiae contributions to the NJ State Bar Association’s submission in NJ DCPP v. GS
- The Impact of Changes in DCPP Investigatory Findings, New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 34, No. 6 – August 2014
- Defined Benefit Pensions: The Evolution of Advocacy Concerning What is Often the Most Valuable Marital Asset, New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 35, No. 6 – June 2015
- In Re the Commitment of JJF, 365 N.J. Super. 486 (App. Div. 2004)
- In Re the Commitment of PZH, 377 N.J. Super. 458 (App. Div. 2005)
- Koch v. Koch, 424 N.J. Super.542 (Ch. Div. 2011)
- NJ DCPP v. G.S., __ N.J. Super. __ (App. Div. Nov. 2016)
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.