The value of your Walmart slip and fall claim in New Jersey will depend on a variety of factors, including the extent and severity of your injuries, the extent of your medical treatment, and the impact of the injury on your daily life. Here are some of the key factors that will be taken into account when determining the value of your claim:
- The nature and extent of your injuries: The severity of your injuries, the extent of your medical treatment, and the expected duration of your recovery will all be taken into account when determining the value of your claim.
- The impact of the injury on your daily life: If your injury has had a significant impact on your daily life, such as causing you to miss work or preventing you from participating in activities that you enjoy, this may be factored into the value of your claim.
- The degree of Walmart’s negligence: If it can be proven that Walmart was negligent in maintaining a safe environment, such as failing to clean up a spill or failing to repair a hazardous condition, this may increase the value of your claim.
- The amount of insurance coverage: The amount of insurance coverage that Walmart has may affect the value of your claim. If Walmart has a higher amount of insurance coverage, this may increase the amount of compensation that you can receive.
- The laws of New Jersey: New Jersey has specific laws regarding personal injury claims, and these laws may affect the value of your claim. For example, New Jersey follows a modified comparative negligence rule, which means that if you were partially at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by the percentage of fault that is attributed to you.
It is recommended that you consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can evaluate your case and help you determine the potential value of your claim. They can also assist you in negotiating a fair settlement with Walmart or, if necessary, representing you in court to seek a favorable judgment.
If you have any questions about this article or if you’ve been injured because of the negligence of Walmart, contact us at (973) 383-2700 for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
We’re here to help.