You Take Care Of Your Family. We’ll Handle The Details.
After a death in the family, surviving family members must deal with difficult issues, including probate and estate tax concerns. At Morris, Downing & Sherred, we know how difficult it is to try and manage the probate and administration process while dealing with the emotions involved in the loss of a beloved spouse or other family member. We offer a full range of fiduciary services that let you take care of your family while we handle the legal details.
Some typical estate planning and probate concerns we can handle for you include:
- Probate representation: We will see that the will is duly offered for probate and that the terms of the will are carried out in accordance with the decedent’s final wishes, or help family members understand their rights if no will exists.
- Final accounting and reporting of estate assets: We handle all details relating to final accounting of estate assets for probate court.
- Executor assistance: If you have been named as the executor of a will, you face legal obligations and challenges. We will advise you of your rights and responsibilities to help you avoid the common mistakes that often lead to contested estate litigation.
- Estate administration: We will work with creditors and other interested parties to finalize the estate’s financial, contractual and tax obligations.
- Life insurance: We will handle all details relating to life insurance and other policy coverage.
- Trust administration: We will formalize any trusts set forth in the will, distribute financial assets to the trust in accordance with the estate holder’s final wishes, and administer the trust on behalf of the surviving spouse or family members.
For more than a century, families throughout northern New Jersey have trusted our firm’s estate planning, probate and fiduciary services. As your estate planning needs change, we will be there for you. We offer compassionate, personalized service custom-tailored to your family’s needs.
Experience. Dedication. Results.
Contact Morris, Downing & Sherred Today
Contact us online or call our offices located in Newton, New Jersey, at 973-383-2700 to speak with one of our firm’s experienced attorneys, and learn more about effective estate planning and probate law today.