Contact Us. We Can Help.
For many, the rideshare services Uber and Lyft have become the preferred method of transportation, viewed as more convenient and often cheaper than taxis and self-owned vehicles.
Unfortunately, with the growing number of Uber and Lyft users comes a growing number of accidents, happening in New Jersey every hour of every day. Uber accidents sometimes result in serious injury or death to passengers, drivers and other motorists.
What should you do if you’re involved in an Uber accident in New Jersey?
- Ensure your safety and the safety of others involved.
- Call emergency services if necessary and report the accident.
- Seek medical attention for any injuries.
- Document the accident scene, including taking photos and gathering witness information.
- Contact Uber to report the accident and initiate a claim.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney experienced in Uber accident cases to protect your rights and seek appropriate compensation.
In New Jersey, Uber provides a commercial insurance policy that covers accidents that occur while a driver is actively engaged in a ride (with passengers in the vehicle) or en route to pick up passengers. The coverage includes:
- $1.5 million in liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage per accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage up to $1.5 million.
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage for physical damage to the driver’s vehicle.
Contact us as soon as possible.
There’s a limited amount of time you have to pursue a case against Uber or Lyft and you need to take action as soon as you can in order to preserve your rights.
Call us today at (973) 383-2700 for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.