If you are injured at a Walmart, it is important to take certain steps to protect your health, document the incident, and preserve your legal rights. Here are the steps that you should take if you are injured at a Walmart:
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured, your first priority should be to seek medical attention. If your injuries are serious, call 911 or ask someone to call for you. Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s a good idea to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible to ensure that there are no underlying issues.
- Report the incident: You should report the incident to the store manager or another employee as soon as possible. Ask for a copy of the incident report and make sure to keep it for your records.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the area where you were injured and of any hazards that may have caused the accident. This can be helpful if you need to prove that Walmart was negligent in maintaining a safe environment.
- Gather information: Get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the incident. This can be helpful if you need to prove what happened in the future.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer: It is a good idea to consult with a personal injury lawyer who has experience in handling Walmart injury cases. They can evaluate your case, advise you on your legal rights, and help you navigate the legal process.
Remember that if you are injured at a Walmart, it is important to act quickly to protect your health and your legal rights. By taking the steps outlined above, you can increase your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
If you have any questions about this article or if you’ve been injured because of the negligence of Walmart, contact us at (973) 383-2700 for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
We’re here to help.