Truck accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be serious or life-threatening. Some common injuries that may result from truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can occur when the head is struck or jolted in a truck accident. These injuries can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, and can have long-term effects on a person’s cognitive function, mood, and behavior.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur when the spinal cord is compressed, stretched, or severed in a truck accident. These injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, and other long-term disabilities.
- Fractures and broken bones: Fractures and broken bones are common injuries in truck accidents, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs. These injuries can be painful and may require surgery to repair.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains, strains, and contusions, can occur when the body is jolted or twisted in a truck accident. These injuries can be painful and may require physical therapy or other treatment.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding, can occur when the body is impacted in a truck accident. These injuries can be life-threatening and may require emergency medical treatment.
- Burns and lacerations: Burns and lacerations can occur when the body comes into contact with hot surfaces or sharp objects in a truck accident. These injuries can be painful and may result in scarring or disfigurement.
It’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after a truck accident, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and may worsen over time if left untreated.
If you were injured in a truck accident in New Jersey and would like to discuss your case with an experienced truck accident lawyer, we can help.
Please contact us at (973) 383-2700 for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation. We want to hear from you.